Effective Date: April 1, 2018
Thank you for accessing one of the UTS United Tactical Systems, LLC operated websites.
United Tactical Systems, LLC and its subsidiary and affiliated entities (together, “UTS,” “We” or “Us”) offer products and services under various brand names, which are:
- First Strike Paintball
- Types of Information We Collect
II. How We Collect Your Information
III. Data Collection Technologies
IV. Use of Your Information by UTS
V. Children’s Privacy
VI. Data Security and Integrity
VII. Data Transfers and Storage
VIII. Information Access and Choice
IX. Do Not Track Signals
XI. Comments and Questions
- Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information.
- Personal information means information that identifies you as a specific person, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, birth date and credit card information. Personal information may also include information that you provide to us that can reveal your identity in conjunction with other information you provide to us on the Sites.
- Anonymous information means information that cannot be used to identify you, such as your IP address, browser type, device ID, log data, webpages accessed, duration of your visit and similar information. When we aggregate information to understand our user demographics and website analytics, such information does not identify any specific person and is therefore treated as anonymous information.
We also may acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local laws may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
- How We Collect Your Information
When you use our Sites, we may collect information from you in the following ways:
- Registration. If you create an account with the Sites, we will collect your email address and your chosen username and password. We provide you the ability to exercise the right to delete your account at any time. When a user account is deleted all personal information related to the website is deleted, with the exception or order and purchase history (which is retained for our records). You may delete your account by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Purchases. If you purchase a product from us, we will collect personal information in order to complete your transaction, which may include your name, postal address, telephone number and payment information.
- Responding to your Inquiries. When you contact us with a suggestion, question, and request or otherwise interact with us, we will use your personal information to respond to your communications.
- Product Reviews and Support Questions. You may choose to submit a product review or ask a support question. If you post a review or a support question, we will ask for your email address. Any personal information that you submit as part of the review can be read or used by other visitors to the site. We are not responsible for any personal information that you choose to submit as part of your review or support question. We believe you can post a helpful review and support question without disclosing any personal information, so use caution when posting your personal information in our public forums.
- Social Networks. We collect the information that you provide to us through the Sites and our applications that may be hosted on third party platforms, such as Facebook. If you choose to link your account to a third party platform, such as a social networking site, we may collect certain information about your profile on that third party platform. The information we collect will depend on your user preferences on that platform and that platform’s policies on sharing your information.
- Browsing and Using the Sites. When you use our Sites, we may collect anonymous data about your usage of the Sites. We do this through Google Analytics and other data collection technologies, such as cookies, and web beacons. Please see Section III below for an explanation of our use of data collection technologies.
III. Data Collection Technologies
Like many sites, the Sites employ cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or action tags) (together, “Data Collection Technologies”) that collect your IP address and other types of anonymous data about your use of the Sites.
Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on the site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on the site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
We also use Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics to obtain aggregated visitor usage and statistics about our Sites. We use Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics to:
- Help make the site easier for our audience to use.
- Help our audience quickly find information, videos and products.
- Help create content that is most relevant to our audience.
- Alert our audience to new information, products and promotions that we offer.
For more information about Cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
We also partner with third party e-commerce providers. They provide us with the online e-commerce platforms that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through their data storage, databases and the general applications. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then the third party stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
- Use of Your Information by UTS
When we collect your information, we may use that information internally, to communicate with you, and externally with third parties (consistent with your preferences and as permitted by applicable law)
Internal Uses. We use your personal information internally at UTS and share it with our affiliates for the following purposes:
- To process your order and provide you with customer service
- To improve the Sites’ content and layout
- To optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- To improve outreach for our own marketing efforts
- To determine general marketplace information about visitors to the Sites.
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
Communications with You. We will use your personal information to communicate with you in the following ways:
- Send you a confirmation email with you register with us
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us, including your orders and deliveries or participation in a sweepstakes
- Send you administrative announcements related to our Sites, a service or a product (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance or need to communicate with you about product safety.)
- Send you information about features on our Sites or changes to our policies.
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services. You always have an ability to unsubscribe from receiving promotions and other marketing materials via email. If you’d like to opt-out of receiving marketing emails, please follow the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications
External Uses and Disclosures. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your personal information (including your financial information) to anyone outside of UTS for marketing purposes. We may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- We will disclose your information to any third party that you request or permit us to share it with.
- As do most catalog and Internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. We disclose information to our service providers to help them to perform their services. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We use third parties (such as the U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service, and Federal Express) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
- Similarly, to help you buy products and provide customer service to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial-services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state-of-the-art data encryption to protect your information.
- We may disclose such information in response to requests from law enforcement officials conducting investigations; subpoenas; a court order; or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law. We also will release personal information where disclosure is necessary to protect our legal rights, enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements, or to protect ourselves or others. For example, we may share information to reduce the risk of fraud or if someone uses or attempts to use the site for illegal reasons or to commit fraud.
- We may share anonymous information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
- We may publicly disclose the name, city, and state of the contest and sweepstakes winners.
- Children’s Privacy Rights
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Neither United Tactical Systems nor any of its Services are designed for, intended to attract, or directed toward children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that a user is under the age of thirteen and has provided personal information to us without prior parental consent, we will remove all information provided by such underage user from our database.
- Data Security and Integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are important to us. We implement technical, administrative and physical security measures that we believe will provide reasonable protection from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification of personal information. However, please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We encourage you to exercise caution when submitting your personal information and to take appropriate precautions (such as creating a complex username and password) to safeguard your personal information.
VII. Data Transfers and Storage
VIII. Information Access
To access or update your personal information that we maintain about you, please email your request to email@example.com. If you have an account with us, you can log into your account to view and update your account and personal information. If you wish to delete personal information that we store in our records (including cancellation of your account with us), please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to verify your identity prior to honoring your request.
- You understand and acknowledge that we reserve the right to retain your information if doing so is necessary to comply with law or legal process (including a court order or subpoena), to cooperate with law enforcement (including investigation of an alleged or suspected crime, fraud or other illegal activity), or to complete a pending transaction, to resolve a claim or dispute, or to enforce an applicable agreement between you and UTS.
- You understand and acknowledge that we can only delete personal information that we store in our records, and will not be able to delete personal information stored by third parties.
As discussed above, you always have the choice to opt out of receiving marketing and promotional emails from us. You may send your opt-out request to email@example.com or click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing or promotional email.
- Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature (“DNT”) that signals the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Many websites and applications, including the Sites, are not set up to interpret DNT signals because browsers do not yet use a uniform method to communicate the DNT signal.
- Comments and Questions